Sign up and create your profile to join our private discussion forum. Participation is free (especially if you get the book at the library!). We'll pick a new book every two months so you don't have to worry about cramming.
by Caitlin Horrocks
1. Kenyon already offers many ways to stay in touch, but this one has the best homework.
2. We look forward to offering select in-person book club events with the help of a Kenyon Regional Association near you.
3. Our discussion forums are moderated and encourage open and courteous sharing of ideas.
4. If you struggle to find time to read or pick books, we'll help keep you on task with great choices!
5. While we can't get you back in a Sunset Cottage seminar, this is the next best thing.
Below are a few examples of the kind of books the group may read. We will vote between several options each period and select a book based on reader interests.
We plan to start the book club by reading one book every two months. We’ll feature a wide array of books, including best sellers and Kenyon authors.
Yes! But you don’t have to attend to join the online forum. Stay tuned for more information.
Participation is free for Kenyon alumni.
At your local library or wherever books are sold.
The book club will have a moderator from our book club vendor PBC Guru who manages the forum where discussions occur online. The moderator will pose questions to the book club, share relevant articles and facilitate conversation about topics in the book. Members will be encouraged to post and share as well. This format allows for ongoing conversation and makes it easy for readers to connect with each other through the forum.
We're using a private forum to host the virtual book club so it's easy to connect with fellow alumni. During our sign up process, you will enter the information to auto-generate your free profile. After you complete the sign up, we'll send you a link to the forum and you can begin to post right away!
Professional Book Club (PBC) Guru is a book club management company that works with businesses, alumni associations and professional societies. Kenyon College is working with PBC to manage this program.
If you are already a member, you can click here to log in.
Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.